Thursday 14 March 2013

LET'S DO THIS !!!!

This post is dedicated to Amy (and her mum) whose wedding I will be shooting in the Autumn of 2014. Amy told me all about her parent's wedding, just a few years ago, a day when her father sailed on his road bike to the church to meet his bride, bedecked in demin and leather surrounded by a Hell's Angels-grade entourage. The story was amazing, and so inspirational, given the times and given the attitudes of the church at the time, they definately were trailblazers. I love it, I love the unconventional, the daring and the DIY spirit.

This photo was taken a good few years back, at Portstewart Strand of my good friend Emma. She was soon to part with her beloved steed so we decided a 'Rock The Dress' photoshoot on the beach would be a fitting farewell. Emma, in full bridal, rode from Portrush to Portstewart in a busy afternoon, stopping traffic and attracting so much attention. It was a heroic performance, and such craic. I'm certainly looking forward to a few moments of madness in 2013 and 2014, to pushing the limits and allowing creativity and fun to triumph. Let's do this!